Monday, February 15, 2010

I am Abigail Adams


^wax depiction of Abigail Adams at National Presidents Wax Museum


1. In the movie John Adams, Laura Linney played Abigail Adams. She was perfect for the part and portrayed Abigail's personality and also appearance very well.

2. Abigail was mainly an incredible mother and wife. In the film, I really liked how in the film, it showed Abigail taking care of her children in the vaccination scene and when her daughter is sick. I also really liked the scene with her and John looking out on the hill and talking politics. This was accurate about her because she really did know her politics, but also because her and John's talks and letters were mainly of politics. Abigail was the voice of reason behind a lot of what John said.

3. From what I've read about Abigail, she seemed very well portrayed in the film as the person she really was. She seemed to be a very respected and intelligent woman. I don't think anything was over-exaggerated.

4. Abigail Adams did not sign the Declaration of Independence, because she was a woman, and back in her time, women had no political positions. Abigail did share her opinions with John though that I'm sure based his opinions, and he signed the Declaration.

5.When researching Abigail, I was happy to find out that she was indeed a women rights activist and anti-slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment